Pakistan Real Estate Forecast 2018
Our Pakistan real estate forecast is one of the most awaited posts and we will also soon make a video explaining it further. Also if you have any questions please feel free to ask us and leave a comment or join our discussion forum.
The year 2018 is upon us and we all want to know what may be expected in the real estate sector in the coming year but before we move on to Pakistan real estate forecast 2018 let us first do a summary round up of the year 2017.
Summary round up of 2017
In 2017 we have seen a major change in real estate dynamics of Pakistan. Firstly the developed sectors flourished and showed signs of growth where as the under developed real estate sectors considerably slowed down and ware poised towards price correction throughout. I believe that this trend will continue in 2018 as well and market sentiment will remain positive for developed sectors. A lot of things did not happen as most investors would have desired regardless it offered many opportunities.
We have seen tremendous growth in certain areas in 2017 and at the same time we have seen price correction of 10 to 20% in others. This has caused a confusion among investors who are unable to determine which way the property sector will move in days to come.
Present market conditions
Present market conditions in Pakistan are very much favorable for the investor who knows where, when and how to invest. The property bubble in 2015 and 2016 raised the prices of certain sectors much higher than there actual assessment and like any other asset the prices needed to correct and reach there genuine assessment. This price correction is a sign of very healthy real estate market which is going to flourish in years to come as economic stability sets in. Growth in the developed sectors clearly show that this is not a slow market but a rational market and if you can understand it you are in for a treat.
2018 Pakistan real estate forecast
In 2018 I see a stable real estate market offering various opportunities all over Pakistan, however it will be rational market as discussed earlier and you should not expect any major bubbles.
At imlaak we only deal in select societies and we try to bring you the most safest investments with maximum growth potentials from all over Pakistan. The list of societies which are potential game changers and best to invest in year 2018 are as under:
- DHA Lahore Residential Plots
- DHA Lahore Commercial Plots
- Lake City Lahore
- DHA Peshawar
- DHA Gujranwalla
- DHA Multan
- Gwadar Open Land
- Sangar Housing Scheme Gwadar
We have selected these societies based on merit, safety, zero risk and maximum profits. Besides this there are a lot of opportunities available all over Pakistan including Bahria town Karachi, DHA Karachi and Islamabad, however we do not intend to over stretch our clients as we can easily achieve the same growth in areas we have selected already.
DHA Lahore residential plots investment forecast
When it comes to DHA Lahore there are a lot of areas you need to focus on such as :
DHA Lahore Phase 9 Town
- These are 5 Marla plots which are under possession , we have seen prices rise by almost 20% by the year end and I expect that the prices in 9 Town will continue to go higher steadily every year as more and more houses construction begins. 9 Town will be a wise investment for next couple of years.
DHA Lahore Phase 7
- Phase 7 will remain in demand for home buyers but it will not offer huge investment opportunities in 2018. Although the prices will rise steadily it will not show any remarkable gains in this type of real estate market. However it is still a good investment considering that prices have dropped recently and it can gain some momentum in 2018.
DHA Lahore Phase 6
- Certain areas of Phase 6 will perform well in 2018 mostly because of house construction. It will remain as one of the best phases to construct your own house in years to come and therefore will be in demand in coming year as well.
DHA Lahore Phase 8
- House construction has also started in Phase 8 and it will take some time before we see houses all around, however this may be the best time to buy here as prices are really low at the moment. If you are looking for a safe investment opportunity which will surely repay you in next couple of years Phase 8 is on the top of my list.
- Possession of Z block ivy green is expected in 2019 so any confirm news may offer a short term trading opportunity in residential plots of Z Ivy green.
DHA Lahore Phase 9 Prism
- Phase 9 Prism is on a constant decline and we will not see any major change in that trend in 2018 as well. The construction of the southern loop of ring road however will bolster the prices of G, H and F block. This can also be taken as an opportunity by an investor who has holding power to purchase and secure some good plots while the prices are lower. However I only advise you to invest in 9 Prism if you can hold for at least 3 to 5 years.
DHA Lahore Phase 10
- DHA Phase 10 file may become the most sorted file among all DHA if DHA Multan and Gujranwala balloting happens in 2018. The prices are down to 47 Lacs and it may be a good time to invest on dips.
DHA Lahore commercial investments forecast
DHA Lahore commercial areas which you should focus on during 2018 are as under:
CCA 1 & CCA 2 of Phase 8
- The prices will remain stagnant till more houses are constructed and commercial activity flourishes in Phase 8. It is a good time to invest though as you will find prices to be very reasonable as compared to mature phases.
Broadway commercial Phase 8
- Commercial Broadway of Phase 8 is waiting on the fringe of an uptrend, I can not give you an exact time line but as long as the prices are in the present range its worth an investment and will give you huge gains in years to come.
Park view 4 Marla files Phase 8
- These files continued there journey of volatility throughout 2017 and reached a highest point of 270 to 280 before going back to 240 to 260. Balloting is expected for the 4 Marla commercial files in Shivpur and Malikpur and we believe that the prices will take a steep rise if it happens in 2018.
- Commercial activity on MB Phase 6 is flourishing and it will remain an area you want to invest in to remain secure and feel safe. In addition it also offers best rental returns among all commercial investments in DHA.
CCA 2 Phase 6
- It did gave good results in 2017 but dropped down 15 to 20 % in the 2nd half of 2017 . I believe that it will remain in its present price range and may drop further thus offering you an opportunity to invest. Any new of expansion of Bedian road will surely give it the desired boost in 2018.
CCA 1,2,3,4 & 5 Phase 7
- Just like residential plots of Phase 7, the commercial plots may not see a lot of interest in 2018. They will be attractive for investors with a low budget. However if we compare the Phase 7 commercial with commercials having the same price range in Phase 8 ex Park View, our focus shifts to the phase 8 commercials.
9 Town 4 Marla files
- The hysteria is over and the prices have dropped dead and may be a good time to invest and secure a 4 Marla commercial plot in 9 Town ranging from 250 to 270 lacs in 2018.
Zone 1 , 2 & 3 & Oval commercial Phase 9 prism
- Personally i believe the prices are way too high already for a commercial which is not expected to deliver any rental incomes in at least next 5 to 7 years. We will hope that the prices come down a bit before investing in commercials of Phase 9 prism.
DHA Phase 11, Phase 2 Ext Rahber commercial
- Balloting of phase 2 ext in Rahber is confirmed in year 2018 and commercials will gain 4 to 5 Million tops on the present prices.
I will be sharing more on lake city in days to come but I believe that this area may have great potentials in times to come. I suggest that we keep it under the scope for now and see how things turn up for Lake city in 2018.
DHA Peshawar forecast
DHA Peshawar ballot has been announced and master plan has been revealed. It is expected that possession of A and B block will be handed over in next 15 months and therefore if you buy a good location plot it may pay you well in next year or two.
DHA Gujranwala forecast
DHA Gujranwala has not been performing much in the past year because of lack of activity. However all of that is going to change in the next few months with the new aggressive approach of the society. If DHA Gujranwala continues to surprise people we may see its prices going higher in 2018.
DHA Multan forecast
Balloting rumors in Multan DHA are very strong, i believe that this will keep the file prices afloat and we will see some very high returns if plot balloting is announced in 2018.
Gwadar real estate forecast
Gwadar turned out to be a great year for real estate as predicted in our 2017 Pakistan real estate forecast, however as all good things must come to an end so did investor interest in Gwadar by the end of year 2017. This is nor the first and nor the last of the cycles and I am sure that 2018 will again see a renewed interest in Gwadar. It can however be unpredictable till elections and may or may not rise but than there is opportunity for you in both cases.
Sangar housing scheme
- Sanghar is the best scheme in Gwadar and is most safe to invest. We have already seen prices almost double in the last year and we are forecasting that the prices will continue to rise in 2018 as development work is going to start in Sangar soon.
- Marine drive commercials will continue to gain more in 2017 as they offer the best sea view and most lucrative for high rise buildings, apartments and hotels in future.
- The best place to buy raw land is Gwadar and it is still very cheap. The earlier you get it, more rewarding it will be.
Jinnah avenue commercials
- Next best thing to acquire commercial is Jinna Avenue . The area between old airport and coastal highway is very attractive for investment in 2018.
Industrial zone Gwadar
- Last but not the least on our list is industrial zone of Gwadar, which is likely to develop before commercial and residential areas but industrial land has limitations in terms of price.
Investment Consultant and CEO at Imlaak
Mob : +92 333 1717170 ( Whatsapp)
Captain Shahnawaz Bhatti (Retd) is the founder and CEO of Imlaak which is based in DHA Lahore. He has represented a large number of investors in a wide array of real estate transactions. With more then 8 years experience in commercial real estate, marketing and real estate project management, he has a proven track record of guiding national and multi-national clients with their real estate portfolios and asset management. He is also an active real estate blogger and offers free advice through his articles. Imlaak handles real estate transactions valued at well over 9000 million every year. Our specific area of expertise includes strategic planning , transaction management, asset trading, partnerships & venture capitalist with experienced business owners, entrepreneurs, inventors & some proven-concept start-ups. In a very short time, Imlaak has introduced a new vision of professionalism, transparency and hard work in the real estate industry. ‘There is no better time to invest in real estate than today’ Captain S. Bhatti